I'm in a haze of good vibes. Today I visited Rose State College in Midwest City. I spoke with the Learning Center coordinator there and with the head of testing. I'd sent in an application to work in that department less than a week ago, and--I Got the Job!
Since I moved to OKC, I've been sending out job applications. And finally I hooked one, or rather, they hooked me. The position, at this point, is for part time. But with the work I do online and with my own writing, that's perfectly fine with me. Besides, it should make juggling graduate school and work easier next fall.
I also woke up to two wonderful nominations from fellow bloggers. Dianna Graveman and Camille Subramanium--both excellent writers and friends--gave me the Reader Appreciation Award. This award is cycling around the blog community right now. I'm proud to be a part of it.
I'm not as into the blogging community as I WANT to be, but this award gives me the opportunity to give back to those friends that I am lucky enough to have. The following is a list of ten blogs that I think are more than worth reading, that are worth the Reader Appreciation Award.
1) Camille Subramanium--A Day in My Life
2) Dianna Graveman--Write in the Midwest
3) Sabrina A Fish--Sabrina's Writing Reflections
4) Angela Archer--Author Angela Christina Archer
5) Amanda Doty--Pens Like Fire, Needles Like Wind
6) Steve Murphy--Murphy's Pondering Tree
7) Lela Davidson--After the Bubbly
8) Jere Ellison--Jere Ellison (I'm actually linking you to his Facebook, where he uses Notes like a blog)
9) Linda Apple--Linda C. Apple (Note: She's moving this blog to WordPress very soon.)
10) Patty Stith--Claire Croxton Romance Author
These ten people have stuck by me as I've moved through my own writing career. And they've inspired and enthralled me with their own achievements and writing.
Please, please, please spread the good karma around and take a look at these fantastic blogs. And buy all their books. And tell all your friends about them.
Can you tell I'm in a lovey-dovey mood today?