Sunday, September 30, 2012

Deja Voodoo

Today was my first day off this week, and I didn't have to go ANYWHERE. I bet you can imagine how excited I was to have a day devoted to editing my novel (for those of you who don't already know, I finished the first draft of my YA horror novel a week and a half ago).

So after I worked out, I got right down to it. I managed to get through forty pages, and after I post this, I think I'll try and do some more. I noticed in my first draft, my characters held conversations; they did things; they went places, but I didn't have the emotional weight behind everything yet. I've been focusing a lot of that, as well as developing my setting. Sometimes I forget, people can't peek inside my brain and see my world exactly how I see it.

Anyhow, as I was rewriting, I kept having these crazy feelings that I'd done this all before. In my dreams? In my daydreams? I'm not sure, but as I rewrote each sentence, that same feeling kept creeping up on me. And when you're working on horror, it's creepy indeed. 

My goal is to get through the first hundred pages by the end of this weekend. I'm fourteen pages away from my goal. So wish me luck!

In other news, I'm also about halfway through MYSTIC CITY. It's a pretty quick read, and I'm looking forward to October ninth when it releases. So far, I think it's definitely worth reading. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

Also, tomorrow it Monstrous Monday! I'll be posting about the monsters in my novel. Check out my blog tomorrow. It should be an exciting one.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend as much as I am. What have you been up to? Writing? Reading? A TV marathon (that's my plan for this evening)?






Keep me updated on what's going on in your life. I'll be sure to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment