Thursday, September 20, 2012

Genre Favorites Blogfest, September 17, 2012 (Yes, I'm late)

 

Alex J. Cavanaugh (You can access his blog here), also known as Ninja Captain Alex hosted a super cool blogfest this past Monday. In my defense, I missed the actual date because it was my 23rd birthday, and I was starting two new jobs. 

Here's a little bit of info on the blog challenge itself: 

Genre Favorites Blogfest, September 17, 2012
One blogfest, four favorites!
List your favorite genre of:
Movie
Music
Books
And a guilty pleasure genre from any of the three categories!
My favorite genre of movie: Fantasy, without a doubt. Here are my top five fav. fantasy movies: 1) Merlin (yes, the Hallmark version) 2) All the Shrek movies 3) The first LOR movie 4) The Mists of Avalon 5) A Knight's Tale. And I could have listed so many more.
My favorite genre of Music: Post-Rock! I love God is an Astronaut. In my opinion, one of the absolute best bands out there.
My favorite genre of Books: YA, mostly fantasy. I'm reading Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore right now. And my own book falls under the YA urban fantasy/horror umbrella.
My guilty pleasure genre for books: Ann Rice's Sleeping Beauty trilogy. Yes, it's erotica (blush), but it's extremely well-written, if not extremely realistic. I definitely recommend it.

Upcoming Blogfests:

    Showcase your favorite monster facts or the monster from your novel during this blogfest.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Erin! Thanks for participating in my blogfest. Sorry I missed this yesterday. And I'm all signed up for Tim's blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Thanks for taking a look..even though I missed the deadline. I'm looking forward to your monster.

    ReplyDelete