Friday, October 12, 2012

FIRE by Kristin Cashore

For this post, I thought I’d review not Kristin Cashore’s latest fantasy novel, BITTERBLUE, but my very favorite of her three books: FIRE.





I adored this novel. In fact, it made my top 25 favorite fantasy novel lists pretty soon after I cracked it open (it may be even higher on the list now). Cashore weaves a brilliant, beautiful, and tragic storyline. I think this story affected me so deeply because of the levels of conflict the main character struggles with. She has internal, personal, and external conflict wearing on her from all sides in this novel. It’s also a companion to her first novel, GRACELING, so it was fun to see how the books tied together.

Do I want another book about Lady Fire? Yes! Please!!

If you haven’t read the book, here’s a quick synopsis:

It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. In King City, the young King Nash is clinging to the throne, while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. War is coming. And the mountains and forest are filled with spies and thieves. This is where Fire lives, a girl whose beauty is impossibly irresistible and who can control the minds of everyone around her. Exquisitely romantic, this companion to the highly praised Graceling has an entirely new cast of characters, save for one person who plays a pivotal role in both books. You don’t need to have read Graceling to love Fire. But if you have, you’ll be dying to read it next.



And if you haven’t read it, mark it on your reading to-do list. I promise it’s worth it. I’m waiting now for the movie to come out…

Let meknow if you hear any news about movie rights being bought. And let me know what you think about Cashore’s second novel, FIRE!

Until next time!

(You can find my original review of FIRE at this link.)

No comments:

Post a Comment