Monday, October 29, 2012

Monstrous Monday--A Plethora of Beasties

Witches, ghouls, and monsters...oh my! I want to shout out to Tim Brannon and say thank you for hosting MONSTROUS MONDAY, a Halloweenie bloghop. Since Halloween is one of my very favorite seasons, you can imagine how excited I am to be a part of this blogfest.

So check out Tim's blog: The Other Side, sign up to join the bloghop, and start posting about your own monsters.

Oh, and be sure to grab one of the cool graphics below...









And now, I'd like to introduce you to some of the monsters in my book:

1) Kharon: Yes, the ferryman from Greek mythology. In my horror novel, Kharon is the taxi driver from Hell, literally. He's also a Daimon, which means his once human soul has been corrupted beyond salvation. His soul is now a black hole of endless hunger. He feeds off memories. And once he takes them from you, they're gone forever.

2) Dr. Purgatory: This doctor was once Kronos...you know, the titan who wanted to eat his own son, but legend has it all wrong. Kronos was a starving Greek, and in fact, his wife fed him his children, so the two of them could stay alive. But as punishment, Lucifer made him the doctor of, you guessed it, Purgatory. But he isn't the kind of doctor who heals you. Like Kharon, his human soul has been corrupted. He's now a Daimon and hungers for flesh. However, at times, you see a glimpse of the frail, starving man he once was.

3) Dark Angels: The unfortunate angels who followed Lucifer, straight to Hell. Now, their tattered bloody souls cling to an unshifting plane, but Lucifer is determined to bring Hell to Earth. And he sends them ahead to make way. The dark angels need host bodies to keep their souls from destruction. Which means they come after you. They crush your own soul, take over your body, and ruin your life. And they kill you when they decide to move onto a new host.

4) Flesh Phantoms: Lucifer's favorite pets, but your worst nightmare. They came to Earth through Hell's "piping." The Flesh Phantoms look like crocodiles on growth steroids (think size of two Mini Coopers stuck together) with scales that look flayed. Since they look like they're missing all their own skin, they've decided they'll eat your insides, then wear your skin. Or at least roll around in it.

5) The Beast: Remember 666? I bet you didn't know that symbolic set of numbers represents the three blond curls on what once was a Greek virgin's forehead. Now this oracle has been transformed and set in chains by the Golden One, the dark one, Lucifer. He uses the oracle to predict how his take-over of Earth will be successful. And he brings her--or sadly, should we say it now?--it with him. And then she wrecks havoc. Will anyone be able to stop her?

I hope you've enjoyed these monstrosities from my novel, DEAD DOLL. I've sure enjoyed sharing them with you. What kind of monsters are in your book or favorite video game? What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

22 comments:

  1. Dr. P is definitely my fave of your monsters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait till the next book. You might change your mind. ;)

      Delete
  2. Flesh monsters sound friggin terrifying. No thank you. And dark angels - supernatural scary. Awesome monster picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for your comments! I'm glad you enjoyed them. I sure love the R.O.U.S.

      Delete
  3. Excellent choices, Erin. They're all equally disgusting. Okay, maybe the doctor has one up on the others. Eats his children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Purgatory scares me so much I had to humanize him a little bit. Otherwise, he was just too terrifying. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Love your monsters and I am pleased that you used ones from your book!

    And very cool monsters at that.

    Thanks so much for joining in my bloghop! And thanks for the promoting you did over the the last month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, Tim! Let me know when you're in the mood to do another one, and I'll promote double hard.

      Delete
  5. All great monsters! Your book DEAD DOLL sounds -- well frightening! Would love to read it!

    I too celebrated with my own created monster -- a man who believes he is Lucifer.

    Nice to meet you Erin, via the monster blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is great, Yolanda! I'm so glad you stopped by. Blog hops have a beautiful way of bringing people together. I can't wait to read your stuff!

      Delete
    2. Could you send me a link to your blog? Google sent me to your Google+ account, and I couldn't find your blog. Would love to read your monster post though and follow you.

      Delete
  6. Wow, I hope your good guys are good enough to fight them off! Those are some scary monsters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are, too! At times, even my own stuff makes me jump a little.

      Delete
  7. The idea of flesh phantoms makes my skin crawl. Great choices you made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, M Pax. I love the creepy stuff.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! I love it that you stopped by.

      Delete
  9. Dr. P must be buddies with Ugolino from the Inferno, I'd think ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever use of myth and legend in your story. Nice to meet you on this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! It's lovely to meet you as well.

      Delete