Witches, ghouls, and monsters...oh my! I want to shout out to Tim Brannon and say thank you for hosting MONSTROUS MONDAY, a Halloweenie bloghop. Since Halloween is one of my very favorite seasons, you can imagine how excited I am to be a part of this blogfest.
So check out Tim's blog: The Other Side, sign up to join the bloghop, and start posting about your own monsters.
Oh, and be sure to grab one of the cool graphics below...
And now, I'd like to introduce you to some of the monsters in my book:
1) Kharon: Yes, the ferryman from Greek mythology. In my horror novel, Kharon is the taxi driver from Hell, literally. He's also a Daimon, which means his once human soul has been corrupted beyond salvation. His soul is now a black hole of endless hunger. He feeds off memories. And once he takes them from you, they're gone forever.
2) Dr. Purgatory: This doctor was once Kronos...you know, the titan who wanted to eat his own son, but legend has it all wrong. Kronos was a starving Greek, and in fact, his wife fed him his children, so the two of them could stay alive. But as punishment, Lucifer made him the doctor of, you guessed it, Purgatory. But he isn't the kind of doctor who heals you. Like Kharon, his human soul has been corrupted. He's now a Daimon and hungers for flesh. However, at times, you see a glimpse of the frail, starving man he once was.
3) Dark Angels: The unfortunate angels who followed Lucifer, straight to Hell. Now, their tattered bloody souls cling to an unshifting plane, but Lucifer is determined to bring Hell to Earth. And he sends them ahead to make way. The dark angels need host bodies to keep their souls from destruction. Which means they come after you. They crush your own soul, take over your body, and ruin your life. And they kill you when they decide to move onto a new host.
4) Flesh Phantoms: Lucifer's favorite pets, but your worst nightmare. They came to Earth through Hell's "piping." The Flesh Phantoms look like crocodiles on growth steroids (think size of two Mini Coopers stuck together) with scales that look flayed. Since they look like they're missing all their own skin, they've decided they'll eat your insides, then wear your skin. Or at least roll around in it.
5) The Beast: Remember 666? I bet you didn't know that symbolic set of numbers represents the three blond curls on what once was a Greek virgin's forehead. Now this oracle has been transformed and set in chains by the Golden One, the dark one, Lucifer. He uses the oracle to predict how his take-over of Earth will be successful. And he brings her--or sadly, should we say it now?--it with him. And then she wrecks havoc. Will anyone be able to stop her?
I hope you've enjoyed these monstrosities from my novel, DEAD DOLL. I've sure enjoyed sharing them with you. What kind of monsters are in your book or favorite video game? What are you dressing up as for Halloween?