Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ducks in a Row

The new year's right around the corner. Can you believe it? I'm certainly shocked at how rapidly this wonderful year has progressed. Since it's still November and the month in which we give thanks, I'd like to reflect on some of the things I'm thankful for and talk about the things I hope to accomplish next year.

I'm thankful for:
1) Time to write. I've never felt better about the quality of my writing or the topics I've chosen to write about.
2) Friends and family, here in OK, KC, and all over the world. I only wish we could have more time together.
3) An abundance of jobs. I know many people are struggling with job loss or are unable to find work. I'm lucky to have wonderful employers in this hard time.
4) My recovering health. This year was a rough one for me, but I seem to be back on track with my life. No illnesses are going to keep me down.
5) A promising future. I feel like I'm on the path that I'm supposed to be, and that's a wonderful feeling.

And on that note of the promising future...

Next year's accomplishments:
1) I hope to have an agent, if not an editor and publisher, for my DEAD DOLL trilogy.
2) I hope to receive a graduate assistantship at OU that will cover the majority of my tuition.
3) I hope to do more with my social media, both speaking on social media for authors and networking and interacting more on the web.
4) This isn't something I really want to accomplish, but I'm hoping that I'll stop spreading myself so thin, so I can focus in on the projects that are most important to me.
5) I hope to continue to get healthier by working out more, watching what I eat, and keeping up with my doctors and PT.

As this year comes to a close, what do you hope for and what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment