Wednesday, November 28, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012 Update #3

So what can I say? This month has been a NaNoWriMo train wreck on the one hand and a huge blessing on the other.



I'm getting close to finishing the first major edit of my novel, DEAD DOLL. And I LOVE the way it's shaping up. I look forward to working on it every day, which I take to be a good sign. If I like working on it, then hopefully, people will also like reading it.

My plan now is to be done with the edit maybe by the end of this week? *This is me being optimistic* Then I can send off the first fifty pages to my graduate school of choice, to editors, and to agents. Yay!

The train wreck is the fact that I meant to be done with DEAD DOLL a month ago. I wanted to start an entirely new project, THE LAST FRONTIER, a sci-fi YA novel that I'm dying to get started. But next year, that'll be my big project. At least the outline is done; it's all loaded in Scrivner, and waiting for me to get to it. Patiently.

So what have I done this year for NaNoWriMo? Well, I haven't written 50K words, but I HAVE edited that many, and more. Much of that is completely new stuff that I'm very proud of. So all in all, I'm giving this NaNoWriMo attempt a thumbs up. Maybe two if I finish my edit this week.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment