Wednesday, November 7, 2012

NaNoWriMo Update #1

So it's the first Wednesday after the start of NaNoWriMo 2012. And thus far, I've been managing to write every day--or edit, really. My plan was to start an entirely new novel for this year's NaNo, but instead, I'm finishing up the edits on DEAD DOLL (and I'm getting near the end). I'm hoping to have all of those edits done by the first half of this month. And the second half, I'll be able to spend on my new sci-fi novel, THE LAST FRONTIER, for YA readers.

What's going on in the NaNo world, you ask? Well, my first response is that it's not too late to join in on the fun. Go create an account at nanowrimo.org and start counting your words today. There's plenty of time for you to make up on that lost word count, I promise.

People are haunting the forums day or night. You can find character and plot synopses, meet-up groups, plot ideas, and even romance. You name it; they've got it. The NaNo forums are truly a writer's paradise.

Writers' word counts are filling up quickly. They're donating money to the NaNo cause, and they're tweeting, texting, Facebooking, and emailing about their novel projects all over the web. You can't hardly jump on a site without running into somebody who's doing it.

Several of my friends are working hard on their novels. The events coordinator at Full Circle Bookstore and I are trying to come up with meet-up dates and an all-nighter event, and one of my new co-workers is also joining in on the fun.

Join us in the NaNo world. It doesn't matter if you can't reach 50k words by the end. If you've written something, and you've written every day, then you're already miles ahead of most people out there.

So are you writing like crazy this month? What are your killer ideas? How many words are you up to?

2 comments:

  1. I may not hit that 50K, but it won't be because I didn't devote time to it every single day. I'm over 10K right now. Hoping to catch up a little this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome! I know you'll catch up, and if you don't...it's not because you're not in the game 100 percent. I'm in the exact same boat as you, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete