Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Project 365 Serves the Hungry

I'm settling nicely into life in Connecticut. I got to go swimming in the Atlantic Ocean at midnight on a date, went to Mass for the Eastern States Exposition, and I simply can't spend enough time at the shore, no matter the weather.

But enough talk. Let me show you last week through pictures.


Day 42: Ice cream social at work! I don't really like ice cream, but I do like the goodies I piled on top.


Day 43: Farmer's Market! Not only did I get fresh pears and a cucumber, but a produce donor for my food pantry. The day couldn't have been better.


Day 44: Eating clam chowder at Fred's Shanty, an institution in New London.


Day 45: Hot wings at Hot Rods before going to the Schooner Festival.


Day 46: At the Big E, seeing the huge state houses. Connecticut's was the best.


Day 47: My obsession with hot drinks...


Day 48: Packaging food for needy families in Norwich.


Day 49: It's my birthday, and my co-workers are so sweet!


On other fronts, I enjoyed THE MAGNIFICENT AMBERSONS more than I thought I was. It was almost like reading a soap opera, which wasn't at all what I was expecting. I'm hoping the members of my book club will be interested in reading more books off the Modern Library's List.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the agent, regarding my manuscript. But I've been busy thinking about where I'll go to grad school after this year, how to improve the food pantry at work, and which friend's manuscript I'll get to read next, so it's not TOO stressful to wait. 

I had lots of fun of my birthday, but I'm most excited for the present I bought myself. I'm going to see Sarah Brightman in concert this next week! She's my favorite musician ever, so I can hardly wait to see her live.

I've got my Enigma station playing on Pandora right now, but in my spare time, I've been playing SolForge. Do you play? Because I'm obsessed and would like to try my decks out against more people. 

Until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment