Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Project 356 and the release of Pokemon X and Y

Project 365 strikes again! This past week, my VERY FAVORITE TV show of all time released two new games: Pokemon X and Y. Perhaps it's needless to say for all you avid gamers out there, but I've been consumed. I could go on and on about how I've EV trained my Lapras perfectly, how I'm trying to catch 'em all this time, how cute the little Torchic was before it Mega Evolved, but I won't...I'll just share the week's pictures. ;)

Day 71: My students never stop making me laugh.


Day 72: Flyin' the rainbow flag off my cubicle wall. LGBTQIAPQ rights. :)


Day 73: It's National Coming Out Day (10/11/13) ! I'm wearing a zillion buttons in support of it.


Day 74: POKEMON X AND Y ARE RELEASED AT LAST! I will there at the midnight event...


Day 75: Playing the new Pokemon games with my buddies. Look, Chris and I have matching 3DS's!


Day 76: They're giving away free plants at work. It's a good day. 


77: I'm gearing up for National Boss's Day, since I have the best host site and supervisor an AmeriCorps VISTA could ever ask for.



In other news, my first race (the Penguin 5k) in two years is coming up this Saturday. I've got my training regimen from food to sleep to working out to stretching, etc. planned out. I can't wait to wear a number again. It's been way too long, since I did something I love (running) in support of animals (PENGUINS!). Then it's onto a mid-winter 10k. Can't wait!

I'm less than a hundred pages from the end of WATERSHIP DOWN. Pokemon X and Y and ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK (the book) have eaten up free time. 

I've finished the first draft of a short story that's based on all I've learned in the few short months that I've been serving in AmeriCorps. I hope to shed some light on food insecurity, as well as craft a fun read. When more comes of that, I'll post. 

And a special note: One of my very favorite authors, T. M. Goeglein, is releasing the final book in his COLD FURY trilogy. He'll have a blog post dedicated to him next Wednesday. I'll follow up with my Project 365 post later in the week.

I'll see you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment