Project 365 Writes a Christmas Letter

Consider this post a belated Christmas letter...

The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of celebration and travel. I went home to KC where I saw my folks and BFFs. Then we made a trip to Indiana and had Christmas with the family up there. At last, I returned to Connecticut, only to be snowed in over the New Year. 

But so far, 2014 has been a great year. The pictures should explain why...



Day 146: Back home with my folks. I couldn't love anybody more than these two.


 Day 147: The triplets! Oh yeah...We're grown up and professional now. ;)


Day 148: Matching sweatshirts for Christmas. No better sign of friendship.


 Day 149: My Christmas Corgi! Isn't he beautiful? 


Day 150: Christmas day with my cousins. They're a beautiful bunch.


Day 151: My brilliant grandfather's design. I can't believe he's 86. I took a picture of his Peep (Jeep is patented), so I could make one, myself.


Day 151: Celebrating with my second family in KC. Love these people.


Day 152: BFFs forever. I've known these girls since elementary and middle school.


 Day 153: My best bud and I celebrate Christmas Eve a few days late by opening our stockings.


Day 154: My bestie with his Christmas presents from moi.


Day 155: Celebrating New Year's Eve in 1920s style with my bestie.


Day 156: New painting!


Day 157: Isn't Denny's the coolest?


Day 158: I start painting again after years of neglect. Acrylics, one hour. My hands are still covered in paint...as is my floor. 




2013 was both a difficult and defining year in my life. I lost my grandmother, and I made the decision to move out of Oklahoma and join AmeriCorps. Since coming to Connecticut, I've found my life's calling, which has spurred me to apply to graduate programs. So far, I've been invited to interview at the first school I applied to. Wish me luck with that!

2014 looks to be a wonderful year. I'll complete Project 365 August 1st. Two artists and I are working on a top-secret book series. More details to come soon. I've signed up to read 50 books again on Goodreads (a challenge I met last year). I've also signed up to take place in the Penguin Plunge--an event to raise money for Special Olympics. It'll take all my nerve to jump into freezing water! (You can donate to the cause here.)

And it's only January! 
I hope your new year shines with promise. I wish you the best. May you find and follow all of your dreams. 

Keep checking back here. More updates next week.

Comments

  1. Happy 2014 from Arkansas! It's so great to see you happy. I know this is going to be a fabulous year for you, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patty. I miss you SO much! I hope your 2014 is off to a great start. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts