Friday, August 8, 2014

1k A Day Writing Challenge--DEAD DOLL, Week 1

For those of you who follow my blog or know me from Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, you know I finished Project 365--a challenge where you take a picture every day for a year--on August 1st, 2014.  You can find all of those posts on my blog, starting here.

I loved Project 365 because it helped me document my year in AmeriCorps and turned out to be an amazing memory maker. I've definitely learned to appreciate each day more because of it.

As one challenge ended, I added another. A good friend of mine, Taylor Newcomb, has been doing a 1k a day writing challenge for going on two months now. He's made amazing progress on his current works in progress, as well as started a lot of new projects. Since I've gotten to see and read his evolution, I realized this challenge was the one I wanted to undertake next.

I'm now 10 days into the challenge out of 365 and have written and edited just shy of 29k. Like Taylor told me, this isn't a challenge that I'll do for a year--it's a way of life.

Can you imagine it, writers? Churning out at the very least 365 thousand words? I know I'm in! And right now, I'm encouraging you to do this project with me. Just use #1kadaywritingchallenge whenever you post about your writing, and we'll be able to connect with one another.

I'd love to read your writing, and I'd also love for you to read mine.

So Welcome to my 1k a day writing challenge blog post. While I finish the edit of my current project, DEAD DOLL, a paranormal young adult romance, you'll see posts of it here. Check back weekly for updates!


DEAD DOLL 


CONTENT REMOVED DUE TO IMPENDING PUBLICATION.


If you made it this far, congrats! And thank you for reading! DEAD DOLL is a finished book, though those of you who've read it before will notice it's a significantly different story than it was a year ago. I've been going through it again, editing for a fifth time, and I think it's finally shaping into the book I want it to be. So if you like what you just read, don't worry! There will be more next week.

Until then, I hope you'll start your own 1k a day writing challenge and keep me in the loop! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment