Review of STORMS AND SPIRITS by Tamara Grantham--Release Party!

First of all, let me start by saying how excited I am to be a part of author Tamara Grantham's release party for STORMS AND SPIRITS, the third and final installment of the REVEN trilogy. If you'd like more information about Tamara's other books, you can visit her blog here. You can also find a review of her first novella by yours truly here.

If you've been following the trilogy this far, I'm sure you're already a fan of the main character, June. In this book, her name ends up playing its own part in the story--but I won't spoil the book by telling you what it is. You'll just have a buy a copy for yourself.

Here's a picture of June for those of you curious about what this spunky, empowered, female character looks like:




Also, here's the book cover for STORMS AND SPIRITS, which, again, is making its debut on Amazon today:




What's this third book all about? Well, June and her love interest, Memphis, get a lot of stage time together. Some crazy, mind-boggling things happen with June's superpower. And June's family--especially her sister (who's my favorite character)--have a few adventures of their own. We also find out that the threat of the Revenants and Le Tueur aren't what they first appear to be...

I like Tamara's writing because it's clean, crisp, and to the point. The pace of book three picks up at the first sentence and doesn't stop until the finish line. Reading the last sentence just made me want to see more of Tamara's writing in print. (Tamara, that's your cue!)

Have no idea what I'm talking about? Then you've got to read books one and two! Seriously, I couldn't support Tamara more. She's an amazing writer, and I devoured all three volumes in REVEN in a matter of days. I know fellow young adult fiction lovers will, too.

In short, when you're looking for your next fall read, choose this trilogy. I can't personally advocate for the rest of the Shine series, since I've read (and loved) only Tamara Grantham's and Sabrina Fish's installments. But best of all, they stand on their own. Tamara--and Sabrina--really know their writing.

But don't take my word for it. Go read Tamara's writing, and write your own glowing reviews.

See everyone next week for an update on my own writing journey (Hint: It has everything to do with the release of my own first book!!!!!).

Comments

Popular Posts