Review of VOODOO BUTTERFLY by Camille Faye

Welcome to my 2015 holiday book review! In this special post, I've chosen to review a book that I absolutely adored. This year, I'm reviewing VOODOO BUTTERFLY by Camille Faye.

I'm sure I'm not the only one running around trying to purchase last minute gifts for my loved ones (and, let's be real, for myself).  So make this year's gift-giving a little bit simpler and purchase VOODOO BUTTERFLY today.

But don't take my word for it. Read all about the book for yourself...



Synopsis:

When twenty-five-year old Sophie Nouveau inherits her grandmother's voodoo shop she knows nothing about voodoo. Or her family's history of Mind Changers, who have the power to change evil people to good. To complicate matters, someone doesn't want Sophie in New Orleans and sends a series of death threats to scare her away from her new enchanted life.

Tipped off by her grandmother's ghost, Sophie realizes her mind-changing spell's been missing one magic ingredient: true love. If Sophie cannot experience transformative love, she cannot make her spell work, and she will be powerless to fight back when confronted by the one who wants her dead. 


#

If that synopsis doesn't catch your attention, then I don't know what would. I've been excited to read this book ever since it came out, and I'm so happy that I was able to.  

The main character (and her inner circle) is incredibly lovable, and she has just the right amount of angst in her past to make her interesting, and not to mention, relatable. I also liked that she's in that New Adult age range, instead of falling into the Young Adult category. At this point in my life, New Adult books have a significantly higher appeal.

I also couldn't get enough of the setting. New Orleans is one of my favorite vacation spots with all of its history, lore, and mystical appeal. Getting to travel there in book form was the highlight of the plane trip where I gobbled down this book.

But best of all, I found myself stopping to add quotes from the book into my journal. I LOVE quotable books! And this one certainly has many memorable lines in it. 

Thanks to those quotes, the characters, and the unique story line, I rated this book 5 out of 5 on Goodreads. I hope that you'll support this amazing author and purchase  VOODOO BUTTERFLY this season--one copy for yourself and one copy for someone special. I promise you won't regret it!

See you in the New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts